A Drainage Assessment can save significant monthly expenses for
commercial and industrial
Have you noticed a huge increase in your non-residential stormwater utility charges on your City of Edmonton Epcor bill? A Stormwater Utility Credit program is available for qualifying commercial/industrial properties. Our curated engineering reports will take the guesswork out of your monthly drainage bills. Often this drainage assessment report will offer a significant monthly rate drainage reduction.
More Savings. Get Your Epcor Stormwater Utility Credit.
Stormwater refers to rainwater, snowmelt or excess water from lawn watering that flows off streets and lots. The City of Edmonton storm sewer system collects stormwater and disposes it into stormwater lakes, creeks, or the North Saskatchewan River.
Currently the EPCOR stormwater fee for commercial/industrial zoned properties in Edmonton is calculated by the following formula: Area x Development Intensity x Runoff Co-efficient. The runoff co-efficient is based off the zoning of the premises.
What are some examples that will save on commercial/industrial drainage costs?
- A portion of the land is undeveloped and covered in vegetation
- Dry/wet ponds onsite to minimize drainage services
- Drainage is flowing directly to a stormwater conveyance system
- Onsite stormwater management techniques such as swales, underground piping, overflow releases and ponding areas
- Low impact development strategies
All reports are completed by an Alberta professional civil engineer.